Tuesday 17 July 2007

How Would We Audit The Auditors?

Hmm...shouldn't a task force comprises people who are from outside the organisation, to prevent bias? Like an audit.

Denial
Denial is a psychological defense mechanism in which a person faced with a fact that is uncomfortable or painful to accept rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence. The subject may deny the reality of the unpleasant fact altogether (simple denial), admit the fact but deny its seriousness (minimization) or admit both the fact and seriousness but deny responsibility (transference). ...

FAM boss refuses to step down, vows to turn things around

PETALING JAYA: Sultan Ahmad Shah has promised a “general overhaul” of the FA of Malaysia (FAM) and he will also personally conduct an inquiry into the national team’s inept performance in the Asian Cup Finals.

The FAM president said that it was his responsibility to check the rot. And he dismissed speculation that he would also step down following the resignation of his son, Tengku Abdullah, as the FAM deputy president on Sunday.

“I will not bow to pressure. I am not a coward,” said the Sultan, reacting to the public outcry calling for the FA top brass to resign.

“Who does not want the national team to do well at international matches? This is my responsibility ... we will not run away ... we are fighters.”

Speaking to reporters at the Subang (TUDM) airport before boarding a private jet to Kuantan yesterday, he said that he would lead an inquiry team comprising a few FAM exco members to find the answers.

“Yes, I have been quiet all this while. They thought I do not know anything. I love football and I am with the people (rakyat). We were badly beaten,” he said.

“I demand a full report of the matches against China and Uzbekistan from the manager and coach. I cannot take it. There will be changes.”

Malaysia are in the Asian Cup Finals by virtue of being one of the four co-hosts. They were thrashed by China (1-5) and Uzbekistan (0-5) in Group C and will complete their fixtures tomorrow against Iran.

In contrast, the other Asean hosts of the Finals – Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia – have done well, scoring wins and draws over much fancied opponents.

“We will have something new up our sleeves. I will not let them (the fans) down. I have been the FAM president for 22 years and I know the tricks of the trade,” said the Sultan.

“I know the agony of the fans. We have spent millions but they (affiliates and players) have not done anything. I want to raise the image of the national team.

“I took over as the FAM president in 1984 and started from scratch. I made them (the FAM) rich and gave every affiliate subsidies.”

On whether he would step down at the coming FAM Congress in September, Sultan Ahmad said that it was left to the members to decide.

“If they want me, I am willing to serve,” said the Sultan.

“We are still alive – spiritually, physically and mentally. Come what may, we will continue to strive to excel. There has to be something solid and concrete that has to be done.”

On the resignation of Tengku Abdullah, Sultan Ahmad said: “This is breaking news. If he is happy with the decision, what can I do. He is my son.

“How nice of him to say that he wanted to apologise to all the fans and intended to shake hands with every spectator at the National Stadium during the matches.”

Meanwhile, Bernama reports that FAM’s independent council member Khairy Jamaluddin has quit his post with immediate effect

In a letter to the FAM general secretary Datuk Seri Dr Ibrahim Saad, Khairy said his move was a mark of respect to Tengku Abdullah’s decision to resign from the association
Taken from The Star

No comments: